HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
As an illustrator & graphic designer I’ve helped small businesses and organizations build branding, created works for private collectors and compiled a library of over 150 self-published comic strips released online weekly. I’m collaborative and enjoy involving clients in the creative process rather than simply consuming it.
Freelancer Illustration & Design (self-Employed) – Austin, TX
Illustration, Graphic Design, Multi-Media Artist Jul 2013 – Present
- HAVEN CON : Graphic Designer / Show Artist (Jan ’15 – May ’17)
Over 3 convention seasons designed logos, badge art, shirt designs, commemorative pins, and show exclusive art prints as the convention’s official artist in residence.
- HOPS & HEROES COMICS : Logo Design, Mural Design (Jan ’17 – Present)
Designing logos and letterhead for local startup, painted 5’x5′ typographical mural for in store display, and participate in live art events
- BIG MOUFF PRODUCTIONS : Logo Design (Feb ‘17 – Present)
Responsible for building company logo & branding iconography for local startup / app concept
- HERO CON : Graphic Designer / Illustrator (Contracted) (April ’16 – June ’16)
Designed Mascot character for convention’s marketing collateral.
- GENE (Animated Series) : Art Director (Jan ‘15 Present)
Collaborated with show creators & writers to develop the visual style of series; designed character 2d models for 12 unique characters; designed sample backdrop plates and production assets for show pitch; co-designed final ‘Pitch Bible’/Proof of Concept catalog for studio proposals.
- SXSW TRADESHOW – STOCK UNLIMITED : Caricaturist (March ‘15)
Produced 100+ caricatures at SWSW Trade Show and company launch party events
- ‘LITTLE NINJA TAKES A BATH’ (Children’s Book) : Illustrator (March ‘13)
Worked with author to design characters and illustrate 36 page story book.
- ‘FORTRESS OF HOLDING’ COMICS (Owner) : Graphic Designer (July ’09 – Oct ’10)
Designed store branding, mascots, signage & marketing collateral for print and web presence.
Dragon’s Lair Comics – Austin, TX
Store Management Oct 2011-Nov 2012, Creative Director Nov 2012-July 2014
As Creative Director: Redesigned & implemented new company branding to fit modern style; maintained brand Consistency throughout marketing collateral in physical and digital platforms including PR initiatives.
- Redesigned & Streamlined website and newsletter to improve work timelines and adhere to updated branding via implementation of WordPress and Mailchimp services.
- Maintained weekly schedule of creating customer facing in-store marketing materials including signage/posters & multi-media displays. Created signage and advertising in timely fashion for urgent needs. Recieved GAMA Award ‘Best Store Promotional Displays & Signage’ -2013
- Frequently updated and engaged on company social media accounts customer service issues, inquiries and reviews.
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Clip Studio Pro (Drawing Software), working knowledge Adobe Premeire/Final Cut/HitFilm, Model & Toy Art painting and customization,
San Juan College Farmington, NM
AAS Creative Arts & Technology Aug 2004 – May 2006
Mindzai Creative ATX
Screen Printing Internship July-Sept 2014