HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
As an illustrator & graphic designer I’ve helped small businesses and organizations build branding, created works for private collectors and compiled a library of over 150 self-published comic strips released online weekly. I’m collaborative and enjoy involving clients in the creative process rather than simply consuming it.
Freelancer Illustration & Design (self-Employed) – Austin, TX
Illustration, Graphic Design, Multi-Media Artist Jul 2013 – Present
- JODY AUSTIN’S SPORTS CHICK: Artist / Animator / Voice Talent (Sep ‘ 17 – Present)
Continuing over 10 years of illustration work with Los Angeles sports personality Jody Austin, updating original character designs, creating art assets, additional character designs per episode, backdrop painting and layouts, basic character rigging, animating ‘bite-size’ comedy segments between 1 – 4 minutes in length, compiling and editing audio files, video editing and exporting of finalized animation ready to share on various social media platforms.
- HAVEN CON : Graphic Designer / Show Artist (Jan ’15 – May ’17)
Over 3 convention seasons designed logos, badge art, shirt designs, commemorative pins, and show exclusive art prints as the convention’s official artist in residence.
- HOPS & HEROES COMICS : Logo Design, Mural Design (Jan ’17 – Present)
Designing logos and letterhead for local startup, painted 5’x5′ typographical mural for in store display, and participate in live art events
- BIG MOUFF PRODUCTIONS : Logo Design (Feb ‘17 – Present)
Responsible for building company logo & branding iconography for local startup / app concept
- HERO CON : Graphic Designer / Illustrator (Contracted) (April ’16 – June ’16)
Designed Mascot character for convention’s marketing collateral.
- GENE (Animated Series) : Art Director (Jan ‘15 Present)
Collaborated with show creators & writers to develop the visual style of series; designed character 2d models for 12 unique characters; designed sample backdrop plates and production assets for show pitch; co-designed final ‘Pitch Bible’/Proof of Concept catalog for studio proposals.
- SXSW TRADESHOW – STOCK UNLIMITED : Caricaturist (March ‘15)
Produced 100+ caricatures at SWSW Trade Show and company launch party events
- ‘LITTLE NINJA TAKES A BATH’ (Children’s Book) : Illustrator (March ‘13)
Worked with author to design characters and illustrate 36 page story book.
- ‘FORTRESS OF HOLDING’ COMICS (Owner) : Graphic Designer (July ’09 – Oct ’10)
Designed store branding, mascots, signage & marketing collateral for print and web presence.
Dragon’s Lair Comics – Austin, TX
Store Management Oct 2011-Nov 2012, Creative Director Nov 2012-July 2014
As Creative Director: Redesigned & implemented new company branding to fit modern style; maintained brand Consistency throughout marketing collateral in physical and digital platforms including PR initiatives.
- Redesigned & Streamlined website and newsletter to improve work timelines and adhere to updated branding via implementation of WordPress and Mailchimp services.
- Maintained weekly schedule of creating customer facing in-store marketing materials including signage/posters & multi-media displays. Created signage and advertising in timely fashion for urgent needs. Recieved GAMA Award ‘Best Store Promotional Displays & Signage’ -2013
- Frequently updated and engaged on company social media accounts customer service issues, inquiries and reviews.
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Clip Studio Pro (Drawing Software), working knowledge Adobe Premeire/Final Cut/HitFilm, Model & Toy Art painting and customization,
San Juan College Farmington, NM
AAS Creative Arts & Technology Aug 2004 – May 2006
Mindzai Creative ATX
Screen Printing Internship July-Sept 2014